On Monday 12th October the Prime Minister announced new restrictions for Sefton and thre rest of the Liverpool City Region, which have now come into effect.
Exact details of some of the new restrictions are still being clarified but we are updating our FAQs on how the restrictions will affect you.
It is important that people follow the latest government Guidance.
Cheshire and Merseyside’s Directors of Public Health are encouraging all residents to play their part by:
- washing your hands;
- avoiding crowds;
- keeping your distance;
- using face coverings;
- staying at home and getting tested if you have symptoms.
Find all the latest guidance here
Latest advice for unpaid carers can be found here
The new NHS COVID-19 app, now available to download for free in England and Wales, is the fastest way to see if you're at risk from coronavirus. The faster you know, the quicker you can alert and protect your loved ones and community.
It has a number of features:
- Trace: find out when you've been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: get alerted if you've visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
You can download the app here
For Easy Read Guidance, click here
There are walk-through test sites in Bootle and Southport and mobile coronavirus testing units are at locations across the Borough most days.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms you should get a test.
The symptoms are
- a high temperature;
- a persistent cough
- loss of taste or smell
To make an appointment, visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
If you don't have symptoms, you don't need a test.
South Sefton and South Formby CCGs' websites have pages on:
We have a dedicated accessible information page for those users with additional needs. To visit that page, click here
Closures and Alterations to Services
This website is updated regularly with community information, and changes to council services.