This section contains information and advice on a wide-range of topics for both consumers and businesses.
COVID-19 Service Update
The following services have altered the way they work or the service they deliver.
Our Officers are currently working agilely from home to reduce none essential travel. To avoid the risk of infection to residents and themselves they are not entering into domestic premises except in exceptional circumstances and so they are not able to visit all requests for service that they receive.
Priority is being given to -
- Public Health Act Funerals
- Drainage complaints (blocked/defective or overflowing drains) etc
- Serious and hazardous fly tipped waste.
Where possible requests for service will be investigated using telephone information and correspondence undertaken via email. Additional information such as photographs may be requested to assist in the assessment and investigation of a request for service. In exceptional circumstances where a visit outside a premise can be undertaken we would ask that all social distancing and good hygiene guidance is followed.
Pest Control officers are currently working agilely from home to reduce none essential travel. To avoid the risk of infection to residents and themselves , they are not entering inside domestic properties and so are not able to respond to all requests for a pest control treatment.
As a result, they will treat:
- Rats and/or mice in Gardens and Sheds etc where these can be accessed without entering inside the property.
- Where rat and mice activity is inside the property home bait suitable for use by the occupier will be left at the front door and social distancing guidance will be followed. Advice and guidance on how and where to use this bait, to have the best results, will be provided via a telephone consultation and subsequently at the time of visit.
- Appointments will only be provided in the afternoon to enable officers to undertake telephone consultations.
They are unable to treat domestic premises for: