Applying online is the easiest and quickest way to get a Blue Badge. Simply fill out the online form via the DirectGov website.
You'll be asked for some personal details to help quickly deal with your application.
You’ll need a photo showing your head and shoulders, taken within the last 6 months.
You’ll also need a photo or scan of your:
- proof of identity (such as a passport, driving license or birth certificate)
- proof of address (less than 12 months old)
- proof of benefits (if you get any) Personal Independence Payment (PIP) award dated within the last 12 months including the page which states how many points you receive for “moving around”/ High Rate Mobility of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for “help with getting around” dated within the last 12 months.
You’ll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the badge number and expiry date of your current Blue Badge (if you’re reapplying)
If you cannot apply online, you can obtain an application form by visiting a One Stop Shop, calling 0345 140 0845 or via one of our Sefton Libraries.
For your application you will need to pay a £10 fee (this is standard across all local authorities). You can pay this via cheque, postal order or online (for online applications only) or at the One Stop Shop.