Find out about other websites that the library service subscribes to and that you can access free.
Remember - to access these resources online, use one of the links below and type in your Sefton Library ticket number (where needed). And if you are not already a member of Sefton Libraries it's really easy to join. Here are some of our favourites:
- The Sefton Directory provides comprehensive online information about a full range of opportunities and services across Sefton. This includes activities for children and young people as well as information about what’s available for adults within the local community.
- Do you wish to find reliable sources of information to support critical aspects of your life – such as your health and wellbeing, money, benefits or work? Librarians have brought together some of their preferred and trusted websites for these topics to help you find the information or services that you need. Fully searchable by postcode, the Information4living website links directly to local information in the Sefton region as well as to key national sources.
- Which? online service from the famous consumer rights group with reviews and advice on a wide range of products. Please note that full access to this service is only available via computers in Sefton libraries, and login can only be provided by staff.
- An easy-to-use Oxford dictionary which includes a thesaurus, and help with grammar, spelling and punctuation. Also gives access to a users’ forum and a blog.
- The Access to Research service is a new two-year pilot initiative to give free access to a wide range of academic articles (1.5 million) and research in public libraries across the UK. Subjects include art, architecture, business, engineering, history, languages, politics, philosophy, mathematics and the sciences. (NB: Users can only use the publications accessed through Access to Research for their own personal, e.g. non-commercial research and private study).