The purpose of the Schools Forum is to provide strategic direction for the funding of Sefton schools and support services in relation to the new school funding arrangements covering
- Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG)
- Schools Budget (centrally retained and Individual School Budget)
- School Standards Grant (SSG)
- School Development Grant (SDG)
- Wider issues such as service contracts and service level agreements.
The membership of the Forum is 30.
The membership is divided into school and non-school members. The school members are drawn from headteachers and governors and represent all types of schools within Sefton (proportionate to the ratio of pupils in each type).