Sefton operates its own in-house Supply Service in partnership with schools and maintains a register of teachers who are available for supply work within the Local Authority. The register is co-ordinated by a team who liase with schools regarding their supply needs and make contact with supply teachers on the list. To be added to the list you must have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). You will be required to:
- Complete an application form
- Obtain satisfactory CRB Enhanced Disclosure
- Attend a formal interview
Once this process is completed then you will be able to work through the Supply Service in Sefton Schools. The Local Authority pays TPS rates of pay and all supply teachers can elect to pay into the Teacher Pension Scheme.
NQT's should note the following:
- No more than 4 terms can be spent on supply work before a full induction term must be completed.
- Supply teaching placements for 1 term or more may form part of the Induction period; daily supply cover, moving between schools does not count.
- A supply post must be for a full term and involve regular teaching of the same classes.
- The Headteacher must agree at the start of the placement to take responsibility for the Induction period.
- An extension beyond the 4 terms may be possible on application to the Local Authority.
- NQTs who obtain contracts of one or more terms are also able to join the NQT Induction Programme.
Applications to join the Sefton Supply Service should be made to the Sefton Supply Service Co-ordinator on 0151 934 3204 / 3468 / 3469 or by email Sefton.Supply@sefton.gov.uk