Sefton Council has developed an Accessible Information Communications document which outlines how we will make sure information is easy to access and understand for everyone.
Did you know that we have also added Recite Me software to this website and the Sefton Directory.
You can use Recite Me to:
- Read website pages out loud – in different voices and languages
- Increase and decrease the size of the text
- Change the type-style – including into a Dyslexic-friendly font
- Change the screen colours and contrast
- Use an on-screen magnifying glass
- Add a ruler to help keep your place on the page
- View pages in a text-only mode
- Download audio files of page contents.
To use the service, visitors to the website just need to click on Listen and Translate at the top of every page.
You will then see a toolbar of functions that will help make the pages more accessible for them in multiple ways. There is also a user guide to tell you more and an option to switch the service on and off.
Accessible Communications Standards
|Accessible Communications Policy Final||(pdf 2.59MB)|
|Information Standard Specification||(pdf 550KB)|
|Overview Accessible Information||(pdf 2.93MB)|
|Easy Read Complaints Policy - Social Care||(pdf 454KB)|