2021 COVID Update
Find the latest info here following the announcement of national lockdown restrictions here
Golf course can reopen from 29th March
This document outlines the operating procedures for staff and public alike to ensure compliance with Government guidance on social distancing. Any failure to adhere to the rules set out in the procedures may result in the withdrawal of the facility to play golf
The procedures are in several parts covering the Green Staff, Golf Shop Staff, Facilities available and the Playing Regulations for golfers.
The course will be open to the public from 7am until 7pm. The playing of golf outside these times is not permitted and the police may be called to those caught doing so.
Golfers should be reminded that green staff have been significantly reduced during the lock down with four staff covering both courses on a week on, week off rota. This has meant that the height of cuts are higher than we would expect at this time of year. We will slowly reduce the heights as we try and get back to normal but staff levels remain limited due to staff shielding. We hope that customers take this into account when playing the course and we will try and get the course back to the normal summer condition as soon as possible.
- Although the course will be open for play, benches and bins remain off limits to help prevent any further spread of the virus.
- The shops will operate a one in, one out policy with only one golfer allowed in at a time. This is to protect you and our staff.
- The toilets will also remain closed to golfers at all times.
- There will be no hiring of equipment in the first period of the lock down – this is to prevent the transmission of any virus to other golfers. This includes clubs, trolleys and buggies.
- The shop will be open for payment by card of green fees/contract purchases but no food, drink or equipment will be sold until further notice. This is in line with national guidance. The shop can open for food and drink from 15th June.
- There will be no rakes in bunkers – please use your foot or club to rake the bunkers after your shot.
- The practice putting green remains closed following Government guidance.
- Golfers are encouraged not to arrive at the course more than 15 minutes before their allotted slot and can get changed in the car park (social distancing rules must be adhered to)
- After their round, golfers are asked to leave as soon as possible.
Rules of Play
- Social golf only is permissible in Government guidelines with up to four golfers in a group.
- Golf must be played off the yellow or red tees only
- You must pre-book a tee slot time – there is no option to turn up and play.
- Tee slots are released 6 days in advance and can only be booked through the shop via the telephone.
- Tee times will be from the 1st tee only – there will be no option to start on the back 9.
- You must tee off at your designated time and slow play will not be tolerated. You have a 10 minute window to maintain social distancing – so play appropriately
- If playing with a partner, you must remain 2 metres apart at all time including on the tee, fairway, searching for lost balls and on the green.
- Do not touch the flag stick – it must remain in the hole at all times.
- Do not pick up stray balls on the course – this is an infection risk.