The centre benefits from being readily accessible to the surrounding community and visitors and operates a 25-metre traditional pool and a leisure pool with flume ride and rapids.
Facilities include a sauna and steam room on the poolside, sports hall, fitness suite, dry side and wet side changing village for pool users. The staff are waiting to offer a warm welcome at a leisure centre where you will be spoilt for choice, so come on down!
- Casual swimming
- Adults only swimming
- Swimming lessons
- Fun and floats
- Lane swimming
- Subsided swimming sessions
- Pool party packages
- Calm water sessions with relaxing music and mood lights
- Swim Fit, available for anyone wishing to train or improve stamina
- 16 Station Functional SYNRGY training zone
- FREE weights area
- Smith machines
- Hammer Strength plate loading kit
- Dance Studio offering an extensive class timetable
- Virtual Spinning sessions
Pool Timetable Click Here
Class Timetable and booking: Click Here
Traditional dry heat Finnish sauna and a steam room
Wet and Dry side changing facilities, £1.00 refundable lockers, large family changing cubicles, disabled changing and pool side accessible hoist.
General Opening Times
Monday – Friday 7am – 21.30pm - Last entry 21.00 to the fitness suite and Pool closes at 21.00.
Saturday & Sunday 9am – 4pm - Pool closes at 3.30pm.
- Friday 09/12/22 Leisure Pool closed at 5.45pm to 7.00pm
- Saturday 10/12/22 Leisure Pool closed 1.45pm to 3.00p
- Sunday 11/12/22 Leisure Pool closed 1.45pm to 3.00pm
- Friday 16/12/22 Leisure Pool closed at 5.45pm to 7.00pm
- Saturday 17/12/22 Leisure Pool closed 1.45pm to 3.00pm
- Sunday 18/12/22 Leisure Pool closed 1.45pm to 3.00pm
Family and Child admissions policy
The admission criteria detailed below is based on national guidance issued by the following governing bodies, The institute of sport & recreation Management (ISRM), Swim England, The Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) and the Royal society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA)
- All Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person of 16 years or above.
- The responsible person must go into the water with the child/children they are accompanying.
- Whilst in the pool the responsible person should maintain a constant watch over the child/children they are accompanying and be in close contact with children who are weak or non-swimmers.
- Weak/non-swimmers must wear armbands and are restricted to the shallow end of the main pool.
Important reminder - If your child attends swimming lessons and they are under the age of 8, they are not permitted entry into the main pool before or after their swimming lesson unless accompanied by an adult. Lifeguards reserve the right to remove any swimmer who is in breach of the guidance stated above.
Under 4’s - One adult: one child without armbands or two children with armbands
4-7 Years - One adult: Two children with or without armbands
Mixed ages - One adult: One child under the age of 4 with armbands and one child between the ages of 4 -7 years with or without armbands
Rules for the pool
To improve your swim, we ask that you:
- Shower before entering the pool
- Read and obey all signs
- Familiarise yourself with the pool's depths
- Follow the lifeguard's instructions at all times
- Wear a buoyancy aid and stay within safe standing depth if necessary
- Do not eat or drink alcohol immediately prior to swimming
- Tie back long hair
- Use the protective blue overshoes provided
Car Parking & Disabled Access
Large pay and display car park, 1 hour £0.60, 2 Hours £1.10 or 4 Hours £2.00 – refundable on presentation of car park ticket for all leisure centre customers at reception.
From the car park into reception, sports hall, changing rooms and the pools are all one ground level, with a pool hoist to gain entry into the water.
The fitness suite and classes are located on the 1st floor, which is accessible via the lift, offering IFI equipment.