A commercial waste collection service is provided to help businesses meet their responsibilities to dispose of waste, as required by the Duty of Care legislation. The charge for the service is determined by the type and number of containers used, plus the frequency of collections required.
- Special trade collections for the removal of one off loads
- A clinical waste collection service
- A skip service
Please contact the Council via the email below for further information and a competitive quote.
Duty of Care
- is a law which says that businesses must take all reasonable steps to keep waste safe
- Waste must be stored safely and secure and must not cause pollution to people or the environment
- The waste must be packaged in suitable containers so that it cannot fall out, blow away or escape from the receptacle
- It must be secured against unauthorised removal as far is reasonably practical. Security should be sufficient to prevent the breaking open of containers and removal of waste by vandals, thieves, animals, accident or weather.
Businesses must ensure that the person removing the waste is either a Local Authority or a licensed waste collection company. They will be authorised to remove waste and transport and dispose of it safely.
The business must provide a written description of the waste to the person who removes it. This is known as a waste transfer note and must be completed by both parties involved in the transfer, these notes should be retained for a period of 2 years.
Small businesses can find out more about their duty of care responsibilities online.