This section contains information and advice on a wide-range of topics for both consumers and businesses.
COVID-19 Service Update
The following services have altered the way they work or the service they deliver.
Officers are currently working agilely from home to reduce non-essential travel. To reduce the risk of infection to residents and themselves, should they be required to enter into domestic premises, they will expect you to undertake certain measures beforehand. Such as opening windows in rooms to be investigated, doors to permit them ‘free access’ without touching handles and doors etc.
Priority is being given to -
- Public Health Act Funerals
- Drainage complaints (blocked/defective or overflowing drains) etc.
- Serious and hazardous fly tipped waste.
Where possible requests for service will, continue to be, initially investigated using telephone information and correspondence undertaken via email. Additional information such as photographs may be requested to assist in the assessment and investigation of a request for service. In circumstances where a visit outside a premise can be undertaken we would ask that all social distancing and good hygiene guidance is followed.
Pest Control officers are currently working agilely from home to reduce non-essential travel. To reduce the risk of infection to residents and themselves they will expect you to undertake certain measures beforehand. Such as opening windows in rooms to be treated and doors to permit them ‘free access’ without touching handles and doors etc.
As a result, they will treat:
- Rats and/or mice in Gardens, Sheds and outdoor spaces where Regulation allows.
- Rat mice and Flea activity is inside the property, where you are able to follow Covid secure procedures including open windows and doors prior to the arrival of the pest control officer. Failure to carry out these measures may lead in the officer leaving without treatment being carried out.
- Bed bug and Cockroach treatments require more in depth and protracted activity you will therefore be contacted by an officer by telephone to discuss this prior to a treatment being undertaken which may result in your booking being re-scheduled to allow for successful treatment
- Appointments will be provided in the mornings and afternoons. Our officers will undertake telephone reminders about Covid secure measures, ventilating rooms, opening doors and maintaining social distance.