Stay up to date on news, events and services in Sefton by subscribing to the My Sefton e-news bulletin. Sign up is quick and easy to do.

Sign up


Reviewing our FAQs

Our current FAQs have been created in response to the questions that our Customer Services team regularly receives. We will regularly review this page and add in new FAQs as and when they arise.

On this page, you will find some of our most frequently asked questions. This is not an exhaustive list, but it does feature the questions our Customer Services team regularly receives. Here you will find information regarding bulky items collections, when your bin is being emptied, and how you can apply for planning permission or building regulations. 

If you move to a new property or your household is changing it is important you tell us as soon as possible so we can send you a new Council Tax bill.

Let us know about a change of address. 

If you are looking to set up a direct debit payment for your Council Tax, please click here.

If you would like to sign up for e-billing, please click here. 

If you have received a Council Tax summons and wish to make an offer of payment please complete and submit this form.

Once you have completed the form, we will suspend further recovery action. Please make payments as per your offer until a member of the Council Tax team contacts you.

If you are looking to make a complaint regarding a noise/nuisance in your area please click here. 

This page will provide you with information relevant to your enquiry.

If you are looking to make a payment on a parking fine, please click here. 

If you would like to challenge your parking fine please click here. 

To help tackle littering, fly-tipping, and keep Sefton clean, always place your litter in a bin or take it home. Please encourage your family and friends to do the same.

To report fly-tipping or a street sweeping issue, please click here. 

Sometimes, collection is delayed. Please wait until midday on the day following your normal collection day before reporting this to us.

Report a missed bin collection. 

We can only collect a maximum of 3 items per visit. The cost for this collection is £10.

Find out which items we can/cannot collect.

Arrange a collection for your bulky item.

If you want to build, alter and/or extend a building you may need to apply for planning permission and/or building regulations approval. You may also need approval to change the use of land or buildings.

Apply for planning or for building regulations online.

Last Updated on Friday, August 4, 2023

Recite Me Button