How can I find out my collection dates?
Please see the bin collection calendar which operates on a 3 weekly service.
How can I request a garden waste collection?
Please click here to request a garden waste sack collection.
What can be collected?
The following items can be placed in a green wheelie bin for collection:
Tree and shrub clippings
The materials listed below must not be placed in the green wheelie bin:
Plastic, cardboard or other materials/wastes
- There is a collection service for residential customers on weekly sack collections only. Customers on weekly sack collections are entitled to have up to 12 garden waste bags collected free of charge. Managed properties, such as nursing homes or youth hostels are not included in this service
- If you wish to order an additional green bin for your garden waste, please phone Sefton Council on 0345 140 0845. A delivery and administration charge of £35 will apply
- Please note we will only collect natural waste such as grass, leaves, weeds. We cannot collect bags/bins that contain plant pots, litter etc as this would contaminate the recycling process
- If you are using bags please ensure that bags are tied and are not too heavy
- The garden waste collected is taken to a site locally for recycling.