Stay up to date on news, events and services in Sefton by subscribing to the My Sefton e-news bulletin. Sign up is quick and easy to do.

Sign up

Making a building regulations application

The Building Act 1984

The Building Regulations 2010 (as amended)

The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010

The Council has undertaken a review of its Building Regulation Charges and hereby gives notice in accordance with Regulation 12 of The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 (known as the Regulations), that its “2019 Scheme” will be withdrawn on 1st April 2024 and a new scheme of Charges will come into effect on that date.

Copies of the 2024 Scheme of Charges are available for inspection at the Building Control Offices at Magdalen House, 30 Trinity House, Bootle between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.

Phil Porter, Chief Executive, Town Hall, Bootle, Merseyside


Complete an application form

You can download and submit an application form along with the appropriate charge. Please ensure you select the appropriate form for your work.

LABC Building Regulations Full Plans Form Sefton (pdf 227KB)
LABC Building Regulations Building Notice Form Sefton (pdf 197KB)
LABC Building Regularisation Certificate Application Form (England) Sefton (pdf 197KB)

Send your completed form to


Planning Portal

Alternatively, you can submit a building control application online via the Planning Portal.

Planning Portal Building Control Application Service 


How much will my Building Regulations application cost?

Schedule 2 Domestic Extensions And Alterations Charges April 2024 (pdf 295KB)

For all other developments please get a quote:


Make a payment

Please use the application reference number or site address in the reference field when making payments.


Book an Inspection

You can book next day inspections on your mobile device using our LABC Inspection Request app.  To download the app please visit:

Alternatively you can phone us on 0345 140 0845 (option 8).


Get Advice

Click here for practical advice from Local Authority Building Control (the LABC) about planning your home improvement project.

Please note if you need Planning Permission, this must be granted before works start on site. 

Recite Me Button