Sefton Governor Services advise and support school governors, headteachers and Clerks on matters relating to governance to enable them to discharge their statutory functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the schools and making sure its money is well spent
- The team provide a termly training programme covering all aspects of school governance, suggested agenda and a Strategic Directors Report for use by schools
- Governor Services also work with Elected Members to ensure Local Authority vacancies are monitored and filled as soon as possible.
|Privacy Notice - Governor Services||(pdf 222KB)|