Sefton Council currently fly the following flags:
Bootle Town Hall
- Union Flag (this is located at ground level near the Mayor of Sefton's entrance at Bootle Town Hall and is flown all year round).
Crosby Town Hall
- The Union Flag (located at ground level at the entrance to the Town Hall and is flown daily and taken down each night all year round).
Southport Town Hall
- The Union Flag (this is located above the entrance to Southport Town Hall and is flown all year round).
- The Sefton Council Flag (this flag is located above the entrance to Southport Town Hall and is flown all year round).
- The St. George Flag (this flag is located above the entrance to Southport Town Hall and is flown all year round).
Organisations within Sefton can request that their organisations flag can be flown for a specific event or to mark an occasion.
Flag Application Terms and Conditions
All flag flying requests must be made in writing to the Mayor of Sefton's Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By making the official request, you are agreeing to abide by the Terms & Conditions below:
- The purchase of the flag must be made by the organisation and on approval be sent three weeks prior to the date of the requested flag time to the Civic & Mayoral Services Officer, Bootle Town Hall, Oriel Road, Bootle, L20 7AE.
- The flag remains the property of the organisation, but Sefton Council (Civic & Mayoral Services) do not accept any liability for theft of the flag whilst being flown or stored prior to flying.
- If the request to fly a flag is made on an annual basis then Sefton Council can store the Organisations flag but do not accept any liability for theft or damage whilst in its care.
- The Application Form to fly an organisations flag must be received two months prior to the date of proposed flying.
- The applicant must also provide an image of the flag before the application process is acknowledged.
- The Application process will be acknowledged by letter if requested by the organisation (A stamped addressed envelope must be provided)
- The decision whether an Organisation is able to fly a flag or not is final and Organisations will be informed of this as soon as is practically possible on receipt of the Application Form.