For enquiries please contact the office at Southport Crematorium.
The cemetery is situated on Liverpool Road A565 in Birkdale near Ainsdale. The nearest railway stations are Hillside or Ainsdale and the cemetery is on the 47 bus route.
The cemetery opened in 1903. When viewed from Liverpool Road the dominating features are the chapel, which was closed in the late 1970s, and many large elaborate marble memorials.
The cemetery has half of its boundary shared by the Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club with an open view of the sea.
It gained a Green Flag award in 2012.
Liverpool Road Cemetery