This weekend Bootle’s Salt and Tar will see young people from Sefton selling a little bit of everything at the teenage market.

Salt and Tar’s July Social puts the spotlight on young people

Children's Help and Advice Team (CHAT)

From May 1st

The Children's Help and Advice Team (CHAT) is the front door of our service. We are the first people you will speak to if you have a concern about a child or young person 

We will talk through your concerns and discuss what support we can offer. We may arrange for a social worker to visit the family, pass you to our Early Help colleagues or signpost to services available to all in the community. 

Whatever the outcome, you will be a part of making a plan to alleviate any pressures or issues that may be present and finding the best solution for the family. 

You can call the CHAT Team on 0151 934 4013

Opening Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am-5:30pm

Wednesday 10:30am- 5:30pm (an answerphone service available 9am-10:30am)

Friday 9am-4pm

If the issue cannot wait until the next working day, please contact our Emergency Duty Team outside of the above hours, including weekends and bank holidays, on 0151 934 3555 

Remember, if a child or young person is in immediate danger, please call 999.

What is a Concern?

You may want to report a concern if you:

  • Are worried about the safety or wellbeing of a child
  • Suspect neglect or abuse
  • Would like to report an incident
  • Are a child or young people who needs support

We appreciate that making a referral to us may be difficult for you. Please be reassured that your concerns will be recorded and any response carefully considered.

Keeping children and young people safe is everyone's responsibility - families, carers, the public and professional staff in Children's Services and partner agencies.

You should always report your concerns, even if the person you suspect is abusing or neglecting a child is your partner, or a member of your own family or someone you know well.

You can also discuss your concerns with someone who works with children and families, e.g. health visitor, school nurse, social worker or teacher who can contact CHAT instead. 

Information for Professionals

For emergency out of hours service e.g. fire, police and a&e we will still accept paper referrals, however where possible, a phone call is best for the family 

Members of the public can remain anonymous if you wish to however as a professional we need to know where the referral has come from and how we can put something in place to help that family together


Last Updated on Thursday, April 25, 2024

Recite Me Button