The Council’s Highway Maintenance service are working to deliver and prioritise services across the borough in accordance with the latest Government advice. Over coming weeks this may mean stopping some works and services to ensure we can prioritise emergency, safety critical and key activities. This is a developing situation and one which both the Council and its Contractors will be monitoring carefully and responding to as appropriate. The current situation is having an impact on our ability to deliver services at the same capacity and so, our workload will be subject to change with a focus on actioning works and enquiries that are deemed urgent or an emergency, first and foremost. We would ask that when reporting issues to us you consider the nature of the enquiry and its importance given the circumstances. If you are awaiting a response to an enquiry, this may take longer than originally anticipated to which we can only apologise.
In an out of hours emergency please contact Sefton Arc on 0151 922 6107. An emergency is an incident which provides an immediate risk to health and safety, such as missing gulley cover, missing manhole cover, carriageway collapse or roadway collision damage.
Highway damage as described below can be reported online
- Blocked gullies or drains in the road (not on private property)
- Carriageway (road) potholes
- Carriageway (road) requires resurfacing
- Defective or missing gully or grid covers in the road
- Defective or missing man hole covers on the pavement (not on private property)
- Defective or missing road signs
- Defective or missing street name plates
- Defective utility boxes
- Footway (pavement) needs resurfacing
- Grass on public land needs cutting
- Hedges need cutting
- Overgrown weeds in public land
- Defective guard rails
- Defective road markings
- Uneven footway (pavement)
Once we receive your online report we will investigate within ten working days of receipt, a repair may take up to 28 days after our initial inspection, this depends on the severity of the defect.
If our Inspectors deem the defect as dangerous then we will endeavour to make good and repair within two hours.