Sefton Council has received funding from the government to support households that may experience financial hardship due to increases in energy costs, food, and water bills.
The Household Support Fund (HSF) has been created to help people in most need of support to help with significantly rising living costs.
So far Sefton Council has used the HSF to
- Support to Council Tax Reduction claimants
- Make a one-off payment to low Income Pensioners in receipt of Council Tax Reduction
- Support families on low incomes with children
- Give extra support to customers who claimed Emergency Limited Assistance Grants
- Provide support to households to address increasing energy costs and support to keep their homes warm
- Support with free school meals and school uniforms
- Support foodbanks
Sefton Council is focused on ensuring that the help reaches those most in need and will be in touch with residents who may be in vulnerable groups with advice about what help may be available.
For more information and advice about what other ways the Council may be able to help please look at www.Sefton.gov.uk/SeftonSupportHub
The Government has announced that further funding will be made available to help households up to March 2023. Sefton Council will release further information on this once it is available.