Sefton's Public Access system allows you to search for and track the progress of planning applications and appeals.
The system allows anyone to:
- Search a list of applications validated or decided each week.
- View and/or download copies of drawings and documents submitted with applications.
- Submit comments about an application.
- Monitor the progress of an application.
- Check any constraints associated with a site.
- View whether an appeal has been lodged and any appeal decisions.
- View details of historic applications.
- View property details by reference to a map.
- View recent Planning Committee reports and decision notices.
Commenting on Planning Applications
You may want to support an application or object to it. If you want to make comments on an application, you can do so on our online form. The deadline for comments is given under 'Important Dates'. The deadline for comments may be extended further as the application progresses. If the date does change, it will be updated on our website.
We will not respond to comments but will take them into account when considering the application. We consider each application on its merits, but if a proposal meets our policies and standards, we will usually grant planning permission, even if we receive objections from neighbours.
Please note that comments made on planning applications will be published on our website.
We will display your name, address and stance (Object/Support/Neutral) and the comments you make. We will not display your telephone number, email address or your signature.
- Do not disclose additional personal details about yourself or others.
- Do not use language that is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Do not impersonate anyone else.
- Do not say anything that would constitute or encourage criminal offence, or give rise to liability under, or breach any law.
Copies of documents and plans submitted with applications after 1 January 2006 can be viewed under the 'documents' tab. These will be available within five working days of validation. Decision notices will be available to view within 3 days of applications being determined.
Planning application information submitted to the council is protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Printed copies and uncontrolled electronic copies of any documents may not be at the latest revision.